Monday, August 29, 2011

2 Single Story 2011

Danger of a Single Story

1.What does it mean to have a 'single story' about a place or community?
-To have a single story is to judge or to be stereotyped without people knowing you or your background.

2.Describe a single story you hear told about your community.What is missing from that story?How could people learn more about your community?
-I have heard a lot of story's about the "East Side" like people are bad or all the kids are in gangs. What is missing from his is that a some people are really nice and that not all the kids are in gangs! They can learn if they actually talk to people who live in that community.

3.Describe a single story you have hear about another community.How did you learn that story?How would you learn more about that community?
-I have heard that all the rich people only live in the "Northwest" side and that there's no violence in that side.I have learn this story in several places like in stores schools even in Halloween.I would learn more about this community by going to visit it and meeting people who live there.

4.How could a game let players experience many stories about a place or community?
-I would first interview one or more people and then i would write about it in the game , then i would go around the community and see how its actually is and just give them simple facts in the game. about the community

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors