Danger of a Single Story .
(Join the community)
1. What does it mean to have a "single story " about a place or community ?
-To have a single story about a place , community , or person is to have your own perspective without knowing the person or have gone to the place ,
2. Describe a single story you heard / told about your community . What is missing from that story ? How could people learn more about your community ?
-A single story i have heard about my community and a lot of people have heard it to . Is about the East Austin , and how everybody over there is so ghetto and bad and there's nothing but gangs . Whats missing from this story is that Not all people are in gangs . Not all of us are ghetto and the kids actually want to achieve in life . People can learn from our community by coming to visit the whole East Side and researching maybe even playing a game .
3.Describe a single story you have hear about another community.How did you learn that story?How would you learn more about that community?
-A single story i have heard has to be people that live in Africa and how all of them walk barefooted and that the live like in tepees and how they don't have any electronics . . I learned it from books , Tv . I will learn more about this community by talking to people who actually live in Africa and researching stuff about there culture .
4.How could a game let players experience many stories about a place or community?
- I would make a game by two different points of view . One point of view would be the single story and the other would be the real story . So people ca see the difference and i would also interview people from tha place or community .
There are Single's Story's about the East Austin family's and how its poor, which isn't all true.That some family's are well living and take care of what they have and what they do for a living is just as well as just adult's that went to college. So single story's are very judgmental.
ReplyDeleteThere is different types of Single Story's around here in our neighbor hood and most people think we just drop out and are dumb people. But we think all white people are rich or some people think that so we both have our ideas but there are a lot of Single Story's in the area.
ReplyDeleteAthziry you and me think the same I also focus in how people think that in the East Side that we are poor with I don't agree. You and me have a house to live in, food I don't consider that poor I think that you don't either. I like the way you think great blog post.
ReplyDelete-Thelma