Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Big Idea

The Big Idea: Describe your learning topic for the game. What is the most important thing you want your players to learn?
- My learning topic is about child/teen obesity . I want my player to learn the danger of having obesity , and how to choose better eating habits , but not only eating also the importance of exercising and to stay healthy and fit .

Research: What kind of research did you do? What did you learn about your topic?
- I really wanted to focus only on children and teenagers because we are the most affected . I researched about the percentage of teens and children that are obese , and also the amount of kids that die because of obesity . Most importantly what could help them have better eating habits . I learned that between 16-33 % of teens and children are obese . 

Making Decisions: How did your ideas change as you worked on your game?
- My game idea changed a lot because first I wanted to focus only on eating habits , but I know that they also need to exercise to stay healthy and fit . So that was a really hard thing to add to my game because I don't want them to look for exercise equipment but to also learn how would it help so basically like facts .

Mastering Programming: What Game Ingredients and Help Center resources have been most useful to you so far, and why? 
- The game ingredients were a super hard thing for me especially the 'Magnifying glass' , the help center really didn't help much , but it was okay help . It Help Center helped me with some code and with how to function it .

Overcoming Challenges: Which part of making the game was most difficult for you? How did you overcome this difficulty? What features are you most proud of in your game?
- The most difficult part of making my game is , once again the 'Magnifying Glass' . I couldn't get it to function in the beginning and it messed up all my game . I overcame this by asking for help and fortunately  they really did help me . The feature i'm most proud of is the outcome of the whole hidden game object . Just seeing all the ingredients work is a very good feeling .

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog Athziry. It very organized and you were being honest. I couldn't get how to work the Magnifying glass either and the help center did not work at all. Even though that's what it's meant to be there for. But good job you seem to really know your topic and sound like a real college prep. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors